Diodes can handle higher current than the steady state rating for a short time, with turn signal bulbs you should be ok. Digikey has some diodes for as low as $0.43, it is always good to be cost conscious! Many older flashers used the resistance of the bulbs to detect a blown out bulb (and to go into rapid flash mode to indicate that). These don't work properly with LED lights.

Thanks for posting so much good information on your build! I hope to use some of it for my upcoming Gen 3 coupe!

boB

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
Interesting. Currently I am using incandescent bulbs. However, when I do the final install, I will replace these bulbs with LED ones. I hope their low draw will preclude this high influx of power. I sure don't want to have to reinstall those silly diodes again. I'm not sure I can handle the high cost!

I already have a solid state flasher for the turn signals. I was told I would need it due to the very low draw of the LED bulbs. I wonder if I will need a second solid state flasher for the hazards for the same reason. Hmmmm . . .