Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: MKIII #5369 "Refresh" Thread - A bat spit shine!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    I love the lights in the roll bar. I have been considering doing exactly that, but couldn't figure out how to access that area to install the lights or how in the world you would hold the lights in place. How did you do it? I also wonder how to get all the holes drilled perfectly straight and round. I am actually thinking of doing this on the Breeze traditional roll bars, not on a single bar like you have. I guess this means the holes would be drilled in an arch pattern, but it doesn't make it any easier.
    The holes are made on a mill using an end mill bit. That is how the holes are made round vs triangular in shape as you get when using a drill bit.

The single width roll bar holes are milled in a straight line just as with the full width bars, not in an arch. The 1-3/4" bars are done the same way.

We would prefer not to share the manner in which the lights are held in place or the way in which they are installed. We worked a long time perfecting this and prefer not to give away all of our secrets.
    Last edited by frankeeski; 08-18-2016 at 11:55 AM.
    Frank