Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
Scott-

I hope you were not offended by my powder coat price comment. I didn't mean to suggest you shouldn't have it done, or that the price was unreasonable; just that I didn't expect it to cost that much. A sticker shock comment, not a criticism! As I mentioned earlier, I think he did a nice job.

On your brake caliper color change. Have you considered trying a Wilwood decal to put on the orange caliper? I don't know if they are available, but a sign shop could likely get you a set for a fair price. It might be a reasonable solution.

Thanks for all your details, I have enjoyed following along.

Regards,

Steve
No worries Steve. No offense taken.

On the caliper decals I did call Wilwood and see if they had some available. They do not. That led me to discuss with them custom color ordering. When I realized that would be close to $2000 I was suddenly much happier with the black ones!

Good thought about having a sign shop making them locally. If I did that I could have whatever I want made up and could possibly do something custom other than just "wilwood". Another issue is I have not selected the actual colors of the car yet other than gray and orange. Need to fine tune what the actual color of the orange will be. At this point I think I am happy with the black for now. Maybe after completion this will be a good mod to go back and revisit. They always say these cars are never actually done right! Haha

Thanks for reading the thread. I enjoy doing the updates. I have 2 previous builders that have helped me immensely with their build threads and extra communications so if anyone can benefit from anything I write that would be great!