Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  12

Thread: Huntington Beach 2019?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,

Guess I'm not the only one jumping in early here, asking about HB 2019. I was going to wait until at least late Feb . . .

My thoughts, we had gatherings long before "Main Street" came about. We, over time, progressed to that location. We started at the upper parking lot to the north of the pier 13 years ago with reserved spots for 50, 80 showed up. The numbers have been climbing every year and the necessity to find a larger "parking" area became priority one. We could go back to that if all else fails, I know we could fill the upper and part of the lower lots.

It's nice to get [very expensive] trophies when someone wins but smaller ones that aren't so elaborate would be just as good to the ones that do win . . . instead of the sponsors giving away their products as raffle prizes, have them make donations to the event.

The single color shirts, like the earlier years, worked just as well to celebrate our attendance - I know, I have all of them. Please don't take that as any kind of slight on what your son designed last year, that one is by far my favorite. I have a whole closet of single color shirts from past years right next to it . . .

The year we gathered on the sand strip turned out to be a smaller show but there were more than enough participants to make it GREAT!

These are just my personal feeling about what we call the Huntington Beach Cruise-In. I truly believe that the people make the show and I'm reasonably sure that if the "gathering" turned out to be nothing more than just that, there would still be a ton of Cobra's, Coupe's, Hot Rods, GTM's , 818's and trucks showing up. It really is a "family gathering" as opposed to a "car show". I don't need all the toots-n-whistles to make this event off the chart . . .

Helping you with the logistics; food, drink, crowd control, parking attendants, whatever has never been an issue for the Vegas Guys - we're here to back you up with whatever gets put together.

Doc
    Last edited by Big Blocker; 12-29-2018 at 12:16 AM.
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

2. Thanks 7tvette thanked for this post
    Likes 7tvette liked this post