Continuing to work on wiring. Today I worked on the coyote pigtail. Also I needed a harness from the cockpit area running down the left side of the motor with hookups for the tach, alternator, water temp, and oil pressure.

I ran it down the left top side of the motor where it will be hidden by the engine cover.
First stop after coming through the firewall was the #7 cylinder to splice into the wire to make the tach work. Thanks to great directions from Edward B this was quite easy. First time I have ever used a splice piece like this. It seemed simple enough. Hopefully it will work. I know I will have to calibrate the tach when I get it running. After the pic I wrapped it nicely in electrical tape to match everything else and protect it some.

After that I went around to the alternator. I am attaching the harness to some of the other wiring harnesses along that route with zip ties. The oil pressure and water temp senders are quite close to the headers. I have no idea how heat sensitive these items are so I may have gone overboard on the aluminum heat tape. It will ultimately be tucked in so you won't really see this portion of the harness. I just had it sitting like this for the picture. You can see the hookups for the alternator, oil pressure and water temp.

After that I needed to hook up to the oil pressure sender. Unfortunately the bolts on the end of it were pretty delicate and one broke requiring me to take the sending unit out. That was the end of the harness running for today. I must give factory five credit as they already have another one on the way to me.

Luckily right after I realized I was dead in the water on that project UPS showed up with the bus bar I ordered. Mounted that up and hooked it up.

UPS also brought me the last fitting I was waiting on so I could finish up my redone power steering lines. Much happier with them now. They are all hooked up and I have on my short term project list to put the fluid in and bleed the system. Hopefully tomorrow or the next day I can do that.