BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  25

Thread: Jazzman’s #8745 "Flip Top" Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, David, this is the fun part,right?!! I am indeed learning. A lot!! And having a ball!! Any thoughts about whether an 8% strength reduction (11 bolts instead of 12) is too much strength reduction? I plan to call Willwood Tuesday to discuss it with them as well.

No Edwardb, I don't plan to wire at this point. Unless someone says I should, it seems like overkill for my purposes. I will get a couple replacement bolts and call it good.

In the meantime, I am installing the calipers on the drivers side. (I decided upon that side because that is the one with the correct rotation for the completed rotor assembly. (I did catch that the rotor is directional, as is the caliper.) The directions say to center the caliper on the rotor, install the pads, and then reattach the calipers using RED Loctite. Given my recent experience with red loctite, I plan to be very sure that I am ready to finally install something before I use it. So here's the question: if I install the calipers with red loctite, how do I replace the brake pads? They install from the bottom, but it appears that access is blocked by other parts unless you can remove the caliper. I'm certainly not going to be able to remove the caliper bolts! It doesn't look like there will be enough space to remove the rotor with the pads installed. What am I missing?
    Last edited by Jazzman; 01-17-2016 at 09:14 PM.
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan