Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
What type gasket did he recommend to use on the fuel tank? Do you have a part number and vendor?
The first seal is to add gasket seal to the fuel pump. He said to remove the wires from the fuel pump, then remove the retaining ring. Swing it up on top of the fuel lines. Apply some gasket maker seal around the edge of the fuel pump to seal around the gasket that is already there. Reinstall the fuel pump retaining ring. Let it dry. Because the tank and pump were already installed, I had to use a toungue depressor sliced in half to apply the gasket sealer around the edge of the pump. I clearly used a bit too much, so it squeezed out the side. I spread it around as a tertiary seal.

The second improvement he suggested is the rubber grommet around the fuel fill pipe where the pipe enters the tank. It is easiest to do this before the tank is installed. Since I didn't do that, It is also easier to do before the body is on. He suggested using the stock Ford grommet. I looked on Tasca parts and I couldn't find the part. I will have to do some more digging to figure out the part number. I will let you know when I find it.