Quote Originally Posted by 460.465USMC View Post
The thing that has buoyed up my spirits is the friendship of people on this forum that I have not even met in person. You people are amazing!! On Wednesday I received a package from EdwardB of a piece of aluminum that I will need to fabricate a bracket for my fluid reservoirs. On Thursday I had a series of conversations with SkullandBones. He is willing to help me with my brake line flaring issue. He even called in another friend that will also be willing to help. Then yesterday, AZPete contacts me and is willing let me borrow the tool I need from him! Wow!! The generosity of the members of this forum is absolutely wonderful. I have been so busy the past few days that I have not had a chance to formally thank all of you. I ask your forgiveness for that oversight. I look forward to 1) paying forward EdwardB's generosity, 2) meeting with SkullandBones and his friend, and 3) meeting AzPete to see his 818. (I will have to go looking for your build thread Pete!) Thank you all so very much!!

Jazzman, I couldn’t agree more. Though only a member on this forum since Aug. I’ve read many instances of friendly, helpful folks. I’ve reached out to RRAC20, Edwardb, and yourself thus far, and each one of you have responded and offered guidance. And I don’t even have my own build yet! The kindness and generosity are really cool. I’ve benefited so much over the last year reading build threads—including yours—that are giving me great ideas, though I’m still in the research phase (and saving my shekels). Thanks, Kevin, and everyone else for your time and investment in beginners like me! Your documentation is fantastic, and will be a great reference source for me once I start my build.
Sounds like you need to make a trip to Arizona! SkullandBones is about 40 miles from me, AZPete is only 15 miles from me! Both of them are good people! Not at all surprised by EdwardB, he helped me out in similar fashion during my build. Keep up the planing, dreaming, and saving. We’ll be here waiting to help you.