Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  27

Thread: Wareaglescott's Coyote build thread - INDEX ADDED TO POST #1

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

pedal and exhaust pipe temps

Working on my pedal positioning today. I have found during go carting that the pedal usage is working fine for my size 13 feet but I am unable to get my foot to the left of the clutch pedal to stretch it out when not shifting gears. I had previously mounted both the brake and clutch pedal as far left as they could go.

I decided to try the clutch pedal as far right as it could go:

This proved to be just to tight between the brake and clutch pedal. Next I tried the center mount position on the clutch pedal:

This worked out quite well. Very nice for shifting and I can get my leg stretched out to the left of the pedal. It is amazing how that has improved my overall comfort in the car. At 6'3" and size 13 feet I need all the space I can get. Amazing what a 1/2" adjustment will do.

The weather continues to be great. Spending some more time go carting around the neighborhood. After about a 15 minute drive today I was curious about the exhaust pipe temps as I am always warning people to be careful exiting the vehicle. I do have heat shields installed on the pipe. Out of curiosity I took some temp readings right after I got out.

The header at the motor was 228 F
    The Jpipe was at 161
    The side pipe just behind the flange was 136
    The pipe at the tip was 83
    The heat shield was 70 and the ambient temp is right at 70.

This data is pretty much useless but I found it interesting anyways. I am sure after a longer harder run things will be much hotter. I also wonder how much of an additional cooling effect I get by not having a body and the pipes getting maximum airflow.
    Last edited by wareaglescott; 11-22-2016 at 09:35 PM.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides