Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: #8938 - Jacob's Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your RT turn signal assembly shouldn't stick out that far. It has a mounting bracket that attaches to an angled bracket on the 2x2 tube under the dash. Push it down to that location, then adjust the steering column to be in the right location for the steering wheel. This isn't the best picture (early in the wiring process of #8674) but in the LH side you can see the mounting bracket and location. The actual turn signal lever and assembly is removed in this pic, but the tube and mounting are as supplied from RT.

Personally, I'd be a little concerned about that fuse panel location. Granted I guess it makes the rear harness routing a little simpler. But IMO it's not a big deal to route through the upper corner of the DS footbox as shown. What I'd be more concerned about is the front harness. The two legs (LH and RH lighting) are just long enough as supplied. With it further away, I'm betting you're going to find them too short. Something to check. I agree the stock location of the fuse panel looks a little hard to get to. But for the relatively few times you need to get to it once the car is operational, I would question the value of moving it. Once everything is sorted, you will go months/years without ever needing to even look at it. If you do, popping in/out a fuse or relay is quick and easy. Your choice though. Make it your way.

There has been quite a few threads discussion the merits (or not) of fuel and brake lines inside the transmission tunnel. Consensus of most is not the best location due to the spinning driveshaft. If you're set on doing that, at least make a driveshaft loop mandatory for your build.
    Last edited by edwardb; 04-17-2017 at 06:25 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.