It’s high time I update this thread. It’s only been 7 weeks… Last time we were all set to mount the radiator. The PS reservoir was in and ready to get connected. You’ve heard the old story about three steps forward and two back? That guy was optimistic!
Before I put the radiator in place, I thought it would make sense to get all the connections for the power steering in place. I had already mounted the reservoir on the PS frame rail, and I got my hoses and fittings from Breeze. I got everything all connected, secured the hoses in place and thought I was good to go. It is easier to deal with this stuff without other parts in the way. Next, get the radiator mounted before something bumps into it in the garage.
The radiator went in uneventfully. I used the Breeze upper and lower mounts and they worked as advertised. Ted the airplane builder had an angle finder that makes easy work of stuff like this: the radiator is sitting at a perfect 51 degrees. That’s probably the only thing that’s perfectly aligned on the car at this point.

Once that was in place I started working on the cooling system. That, in and of itself, raised a whole host of questions. Consider that we’re dealing with the factory assembly manual and the Coyote assembly manual. And that I’m dealing with a heater. It will be OK. Suck it up, Al. Here are the issues: 1) the instructions are unclear on how to route the hoses to and from the heater with the Coyote. Dan at FFR was a huge help. He explained it, I drew out a schematic of what I understood, and he confirmed it.

Crappy drawing, but it got the point across. Additionally, we talked about the expansion tank. A lot. I also talked about that little item with a number of you! There were a variety of responses ranging from “use the kit piece” to “get a different tank” to “try it and see how it goes”. That’s the approach I’m choosing. Next item: where am I going to mount the expansion tank? I posted the question here:
http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...s-your-opinion
The net effect of that conversation was “Hey! You gotta move the reservoir!” Terrific. That means move the item itself along with all the hoses, which incidentally will need to be adjusted, lengthwise. Whatever. It’s better that I deal with this now rather than later. So, over the past few weeks, I’ve fabricated and powder coated new brackets to mount the PS reservoir and expansion tank on the X frame. Here are some less-than-outstanding shots of those: