The center support/stabilizer for the dashboard will serve several purposes. It will hold an array of switches and plugs that I don't want to be visible, it will act as the main grounding point for all the various ground wires that are needed behind the dash, and most importantly it will hold the dash stable at the bottom. I had previously cut a section from an unused tranny tunnel cover to the right length and added rivnuts to attach it to the dash. I have cut a bunch of holes of various sizes: two 20mm (25/32") holes for seat heater switches, one 29mm (1 1/8") hole for a pair of USB plugs to charge Phones, etc., two 1/4" holes for the Speedhut gauge programming buttons (Trip reset etc for the Speedo, clock set button.) I also have a couple of other pushbutton Watson's Streetworks switches on there in 5/8" holes. I also cut a hole for the Watson's speedworks Headlight and turn signal warning buzzer. That one is in a 5/8" hole as well. (Yes, my collection of hole saws continues to grow!!)

With all the holes made (I hope!!) I decided to cover the outside of the support panel with the unused material from the stock FFR dash. I cut a piece to fit and attached it with contact cement. After letting in dry for a while, i cut out the holes and began installing the switches. Unfortunately, I found that the black naugahyde material is really not attached to the padding very well. After fiddling around with it, I knew I would not be happy with the end result, so I tore first attempt off. Now I have to get the glue off. What a job. Sorry about the lousy photo!

Since the cement had not had time to fully harden, I applied a liberal coating of brake cleaner which softend up the glue. i was able to slowly rub it back off. It took quite a bit of work, but i finally got it all off. I cut another piece of the FFR black dash panel, but this time I stripped off all the padding, leaving only the black Naugahyde. More contact cement (I actually used up the last of it!) and then I applied it to the panel.

I didn't yet cut the black cover material to reveal the seat heater holes because they have not arrived yet.