I’m a retired electrical engineer living in Prairieville, LA who has always liked exotic sports cars. I used to own a DeLorean for about 15 years and sold it in 2005 and shortly after regretted it. I’ve always loved the look of the Shelby Cobra so I told myself when I retired I would build me one. So I retired several years ago and started planning. My 31 year old son Ryan and I attended the Build School back in May of this year. My wife and I attended the FFR June 2017 Open House to see all the cars and try to decide what color I wanted. While I was there picked up some sun visors, windscreens and roll bar grommets at a great price. So I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the car on 10/23/17 and it was completed on 11/25/17. I took delivery on 12/11/17 which was the day before my birthday so that was a great present!

I’ve read many of build threads and have learned a lot especially from EdwardB, Wareaglescott and Jazzman’s build threads. I decided while I was at the Open House that I really liked the color and look of EdwardB’s car so I will be shamelessly copying his build. Being that I live in Louisiana, I figured I’m far enough away from Paul that our cars shouldn’t cross paths. I hope Paul believes in the saying that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

When they delivered my car, they were also delivering a MK4 in Baton Rouge which is about 10 miles away from me. I got the person’s name and contacted him and we plan on getting together to compare notes. Also, SVTFreak is in the same town as me and has been a big help with the planning and has offered to help me whenever I need it.

My POL list has about 20 items with the major items being the IRS Control/Toe Arms, Front LCA’s and Driveshaft. I just completed the inventory tonight and have about 10 minor items missing.

Here’s what I ordered:
MK4 Complete Kit, Powder Coated Chassis, Body Cutouts, Leather Seats, IRS, GPS Gauges, 17” wheels/tires, wiper kit, assembled louvers, battery cut-off switch, front & rear swaybars, single chrome roll bar, and the Coyote installation kit.

I will be installing a Gen 2 Coyote with a TKO600 with external hydraulic clutch. Ordered a power steering rack with offsets from Breeze and will be installing a hydroboost power brake system from Forte. Back in July, I picked up a IRS sub-assembly from Midway Mustang in Iowa that came from a salvaged 2016 Mustang GT that had 12,000 miles. It has a 3.73 Torsen differential which is what I was looking for since I might try doing some autocrossing. Paid $900 plus $200 shipping.

So I’ll do my best to keep this thread updated. I’m not the best at writing a lot, so it might be more pictures than words! I know there is a lot of experience on this forum and any feedback on this build will be greatly appreciated!